Head of Astroscale Japan IT
Astroscale is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated IT professional at our facility based in Tokyo, Japan. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind’s continued use of space as an asset. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in Japan office reporting to the MD of Astroscale Japan, providing managerial leadership to the Japan IT team members, they will interact with teams in Astroscale’s UK and US Office as needed in support of Astroscale projects and operations.
- Understand business requirements and take responsibility for the effective implementation of company IT infrastructure and IT systems, covering all aspects of the projects from initiation, implementation, deployment and operation to meet current and future requirements.
- Develop guidelines, processes and procedures to enhance company IT Infrastructure resiliency and service availability.
- Ensure incidents are resolved within expected timelines and avoid the re-occurrence of incidents by undertaking root-cause analysis and ensuring issues are correctly remediated.
- Create and implement Data Management policies including data security, backup/restore policy, etc.
- Manage IT vendors to ensure they meet contractual obligations, leading to successful delivery.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to troubleshoot IT incidents/issues and improve day to day operation.
- Liaise with global IT teams for project implementation and deployment.
- Work closely with Global Head of Cyber Security (UK based) to ensure compliance to the comprehensive information security standards and IT risk management frameworks in place.
- Continuously monitor the performance of all systems (computers, networks) to ensure they are performing correctly and remain secure.
IT strategy, business plan, budget preparation and execution
- Preparation and execution of company-wide IT strategy, the action plan, and budget.
- Timely and effective execution of PDCA of strategy, the action plan and budget to achieve the goal.
- Lead and coordinate monthly PDCA to achieve KPI of department business plan and budget to achieve KGI/KPI goal, and report to the management.
Management of ASTROSCAL IT team
- Personnel and general affairs management of team members
- Fostering team members and motivation
- Budget management for each members area of responsibility
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the reporting manager.
- Initiative, technical knowledge and experience to cover a wide range of IT areas while being hands-on as a playing manager.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows (Windows 10, Windows Server, Active Directory and other peripheral functions).
- Experience configuring and operating Cisco Systems network equipment (hold CCNA or higher, or equivalent technical experience).
- Experience in the configuration and operation of wireless LAN infrastructure from Cisco Systems and Aruba Networks.
- Experience in the installation and operation of Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace (G Suite).
- Some experience in information security (network security, policy development, etc.).
- Excellent time management, appropriate prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and English language skills required to deal with users, stakeholders, and IT vendors at various levels.
- Experience in leading IT projects.
- Experience in IT vendor management.
- Business level English speaking ability, TOEIC 700+.
- Experience in building and operating systems using public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Experience in implementing and operating MDM solutions such as Microsoft Intune.
- Experience implementing and supporting online meeting solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, and knowledge of VoIP.
- Knowledge and work experience with Mac/iOS/Android.
- Knowledge of best practices and frameworks for proper and secure operation of an enterprise IT department, such as ITIL and ISMS.
- Experience in the space sector.
ASTROSCALE JAPAN Inc., Tokyo
Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits.
Founded in 2013, Astroscale is developing innovative and scalable solutions across the spectrum of on-orbit servicing missions, including life extension, in-situ space situational awareness, end-of-life services, and active debris removal, to create sustainable space systems and mitigate the growing and hazardous build-up of debris in space. Astroscale is also defining business cases and working with government and commercial stakeholders to develop norms, regulations, and incentives for the responsible use of space.
Headquartered in Japan, Astroscale has an international presence with subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, the United States, Israel, and Singapore. Astroscale is a rapidly expanding venture company, working to advance safe and stable growth in space and solve a growing environmental concern. End of Life Services by Astroscale-demonstration (ELSA-d), the company’s first on-orbit demonstration of debris capture and removal, is scheduled to take place in late 2020.